Thursday, September 13, 2007

Another good day....

Today has gone well. Leaking is at a minimum. My IV is out for a little while, and I can take my meds by mouth and avoid the painful drip antibiotics. (I got to take a shower with no strings attached--literally!) Ben still looks great, and my doc mentioned a test she'd like to have done on Monday, meaning she's optimistic we could still be here on Monday.

I met with the neonatologist today about Ben's prospects. We talked worst-case scenario, but it wasn't too scary. Our conversation was very motivating--makes me want to lay flat, cross my legs, and not sneeze! Ben might face some serious challenges, but on the other hand, he could do very well. I find myself praying over ever little bit of his body--his brain, eyes, heart, lungs, GI tract, etc. I know that God is carefully knitting him together according to His will and plan.

Please continue to pray for our little family. Bryant is working hard to keep up with work, school, and this whole situation. Jack is having a wonderful time bouncing from place to place with all of his favorite people, but I think it's starting to set in that Mommy's not coming home. He's a little clingier every time he comes to visit.

That's all for now! Thanks for your prayers, calls, emails, and visits. They are really helping.

4 comments:

jking said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jking said...

Dawn

I'm glad to hear that you are having a good day. I'll keep praying for all the Adkins!

Jill

Jen said...

Dawn! I received your email and wanted you to know that you, Ben, and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayers. May God help you all continue in your strength and help Ben grow in his!

Jennifer A said...

Yeah-glad to read this today. I think about you all often throughout the day. Praying for you.
Jennifer A