Monday, September 17, 2007

Good News

The heavy bleeding has continued all day, but to a lesser degree. My doc did an exam and ultrasound, and most likely, Benjamin just moved and released a new pocket of fluids that were trapped around him. (He has turned completely sideways--transverse--so she said he's "challenging" her to do a more difficult c-section.)

We were relieved to hear that this is probably just a continuation of the original problem--not a new problem. My doc said that statistically, if I can make it one more week (to Sunday), then I will likely be able to make it to 32 weeks! And just for the record, Bryant offered to buy me a diamond if I can make it to 32 weeks. Now that's motivating!! :)

I barely "failed" my blood glucose tolerance test today, which determines whether I'm developing gestational diabetes. So I'll take the more-detailed 3-hour test tomorrow morning. My doc joked that, since women with gestational diabetes tend to have larger babies who produce more amniotic fluid, perhaps she should allow me to be diabetic! But she was just joking....

4 comments:

Jennifer A said...

That is wonderful to hear. Hang in there! Thinking of you always!
Jen A

Unknown said...

My sister was born at 32 weeks, in 1983. I'm not sure if you've met her, but she's a totally healthy adult; the only issue she's ever had that is possibly related to her prematurity is a lack of enamel on some of her teeth. She was also only in the NICU for a month after she was born. Born shortly before Thanksgiving, came home from the hospital on Christmas Day.

Glad the bleeding doesn't look to be a new problem! *HUGS*

Michelle said...

Good news! Your attitude is absolutely inspiring. Many hugs!
Michelle

Jen said...

Gestational diabetes? Heh. Doesn't that typically lead to late delivery and large babies? My brother and I were both induced for that reason.

So if Ben keeps hanging in there, will he eventually twist head-down?