Wednesday, September 19, 2007

No Pain, No Gain

We had a bit of excitement yesterday. After a nice day of visiting with friends (including precious little William Riffe, born 7 weeks early in this very hospital!), I was resting comfortably. Around 8:15 p.m., I experienced sharp stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen and was soon undergoing IV's, exams, ultrasounds, etc. An hour later, just before they were going to give me Morphine to take the edge off, the pain started to subside and eventually went away! Praise God!

At this point, we don't know the cause of the pain. There's no sign of uterin rupture or placental abruption. Benjamin has been on continuous monitoring and looks perfect. I should see my perinatologist today to see if he can shed some light on the situation. Either way, I'm just thrilled that the pain is gone and that we didn't have to deliver Ben last night!

Thanks for your continued prayers. They're working! Please pray especially for Bryant who is extremely stressed right now. He's trying to keep up with work, school, and taking care of Jack and me--while getting very little sleep or time to study. He rushed out of class last night when my pain started and made it to my hospital room in 16 minutes! (So pray for his safety as well...) Thank you to all of you who are helping him out in so many ways.

No comments: