Monday, September 17, 2007

More Bleeding--Please Keep Praying

29 weeks and counting!!! Praise God!

Yesterday was great for most of the day. I felt so good that I dressed in my own clothes for the first time since arriving here, and I was so glad I did. A whole slew of visitors came by, including a group of my girlfriends from church who threw me a surprise party! (By the way ladies, everyone here has really enjoyed all the goodies you baked.)

I had almost no bleeding or leaking all day and was feeling great. Then around 6:15 p.m., I started bleeding heavily again. We've monitored the situation all night, and the doctors aren't worried yet. They're monitoring my blood counts to make sure I don't lose too much blood, and Benjamin still appears to be in fine form. I'm having small, painless, occasional contractions, but I'm not going into labor.

Please keep praying! If we can make it to the two week mark, then odds go way up that we can stay here much longer before Ben is born.

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Dawn-
We of course are still praying for you and your family. I have wanted to come see you, but my family has been passing around some cold type thing, and I don't want to bring it to you or Baby Ben. Maybe soon we'll be germ free, and I can sneak up to see you! I was reorganizing clothes, and I found a bag of preemie boy stuff that was passed to me. I'll look through all of it and save the good stuff for Ben!

You blog has been wonderful for updates, and your faith has been inspirational. You are truly an amazing woman.

Unknown said...

So glad you have made it to Goal #1! :)

We will keep praying. Hopefully the bleeding has let up by now and you're still there.